2018 BELLA VISTA BRONCO BOOSTER CLUB
The Bella Vista Bronco Booster Club (BVBBC) is awarding scholarships from $500.00 to $1,000.00 to graduating seniors. Those who are planning to continue their education at an accredited four year or community college will be eligible for this award. In order to apply for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a graduating senior planning to attend an accredited four year or community college.
- Have been enrolled at Bella Vista for at least two years.
- Have participated in varsity sports, advanced band, advanced drama, pep arts or varsity cheer for two years including the applicant’s senior year.
- Have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher.
- Not be a recipient of an athletic or academic scholarship for the college you will be attending totaling more than 50% of the institution’s annual expenses. The annual expenses include tuition, required fees, books, room and board.
- Have a parent or guardian who is a paid member or lifetime member of the BVBBC by April 6th, 2018. Proof of BVBBC Membership must be provided.
All applications will be screened for completeness and adherence to the above mentioned criteria. The BVBBC Scholarship Committee will determine the scholarship winners.
Scholarship applications are evaluated using a point system based on:
- Varsity Sports, Advanced Band, Advanced Drama, Pep Arts, Varsity Cheer Participation
- Varsity Sports, Advanced Band, Advanced Drama, Pep Arts, Varsity Cheer Achievement
- Cumulative weighted GPA
- A short typed essay.
Each scholarship winner will receive recognition at the Bella Vista Awards night in May.
Applications will be available in the CCC as well as on the BVBBC website beginning Wednesday, February 28th, 2018.
Completed applications must be returned to Ms. Bridges in Counseling
By 3:00 pm on April 13th, 2018
Application packets and all supporting documents must be stapled together.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.